La Red de Pastores y líderes latinos del sur de California is an organization that represented about 1200 churches and Christian institutions, called by Jesus Christ to proclaim and live out the good news of the Kingdom, seek the peace of the city in which we live, respect the laws and leaders of our country, and defend the biblical right of the strangers among us with no political affiliations.
As leaders we are working for immigration reform that:
1. Provides for national security;
2. Legalizes the current status of millions of people who are working in this country without being able to obtain legal documentation;
3. Establishes a just system so that foreign workers can fill the economic needs of the United Status legally;
4. Recognizes the contribution of immigrants to the United States;
5. Encourages good relations with neighboring countries;
6. Provides opportunities for family reunification, and
7. Is a proposal with bi-partisan support.
As Christian leaders we call on our representatives in Congreso to work for a just immigration law and we commit ourselves to pray and work with them for the benefit of our country.